Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Chop Chop Chop...

... I love chopping it's the best thing about cooking. Oh I love to slice & dice too. That's why I was so excited to see the huge bag of garlic my hubby brought home. I chopped & chopped & peeled & peeled! I keep a little bowl of water to dip my fingers in when they become too sticky.  I decided to make him some potato salad which he loves with lots of garlic & black olives, a little reward.  
I chopped until my heart was content!
 
Garlic Olive Potato Salad
6 boiled potatoes cubed
3 large cloves of garlic
1/2 Fresh Parsley - I used curly type
3/4 C Mayo
2 small red Bell Peppers
1 small White Onion
2 Stalks of Celery
I can of Jumbo Black Olives sliced
1 tbsp. dried basil
Salt & Pepper to taste
 
Hubby was happy! He loves garlic.  The whole house smelled like a wonderful garlic garden. 
I input the recipe into SparkPeople's Recipe Calculator and for 1/2 Cup Serving it has 152 calories. 
I put some whole cloves into olive oil & placed in the frig to use later and I will be using that oil when all the cloves are gone.
I decided to keep some unpeeled cloves in my cute garlic holder. It's so full when you lift the top they tumble out.  Doesn't it look like it's smiling? :)

 
So inspired by this gift of delicious stinky garlic; & my love of  chopping, slicing & dicing; I had to go paint this little ACEO...
"Love Stinks"
(To purchase this piece just click on the painting)
 
It may even smell like garlic! hahaha 

 

StumbleUpon.com

No comments: