Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Friday, April 20, 2012

Let's Face It...

...I know and you know I don't have a green thumb BUT it is gonna get greener this year! (eternally optimistic)  I am spring cleaning, planting and re-potting. Need to run go get smelling salts? I decided to put faces on all my plants, I do love faces. I actually want to go buy more plants so I get get more pots to paint! Maybe I will water them, become more attached... or maybe I will just feel more guilt if I don't? LOL 


                
 Thanks Mom! My Mom, a true Southern Folk Artist,  made this blue eyed smiling "pothead" just for me! She is ceramic.  Isn't she wonderfully whimsical?! I love her, she makes me smile everytime I see it.  I painted the face on the clay pot above, I actually have 3 now.  I can see this may become addictive. I used regular craft paint. (Folk Art or Americana) Burnt sienna, Terra Cotta, Barn Red, Ivory, and Black.  I encourage you to paint a pot! If you do please be sure to link to my post so we can see your "pothead"!!
  My garden is getting happier & happier and so am I.
~
Yet you, LORD, are our Father.
We are the clay, you are the potter;
we are all the work of your hand.
Isaiah 64:8

StumbleUpon.com

5 comments:

GlorV1 said...

I love the verse and of course your clay work. Enjoyed the face you painted on the vase and your mom's work. Excellent! Our plants are in, or most of them. I'm waiting on some "Hatch" chili seeds that I sent for to get bigger before we plant. It's so much fun being outside with the garden. Have a great weekend and thx for stopping by my blog. Take care.

GlorV1 said...

p.s. You should join Paint Party Friday, your work is so great, others would love to see it too. Take care.

Vicki said...

Love your pots! I paint pots too but mine are mostly designs not faces. After seeing your potheads, I have to try my hand at painting faces!

Campbell Jane said...

Yes! Paint away & share your happy potheads!!

Campbell Jane said...

Oh Gloria, just hearing the words "Hatch peppers" make me happy! Can't wait to see what you make with them.