Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Monday, March 7, 2011

Fiber, Paint & Paper...

...is what is keeping me so busy. Fiber... The above is a picture of the purse I'm currently working on. Totally "Boho". I will share the photos when I'm finished. There are 18 different yarn colors in that one, some are vintage and no longer obtainable. Yesterday I started making some granny squares to design a purse I have in mind and now I remember why I never make granny square projects. Granny square creations are truly underrated. They are so much work even doing them in an assembly line, one section at a time. And who likes hiding all those ends, only then to have to steam block them and sew them all together? I'm marching bravely on, but it may take a while to finish. If I have another granny square creation in mind, I think I will be buying some pre-made by some wonderful supply shops on Etsy! Speaking of Etsy, I just listed this new Gypsy Tassel Garland Pattern in my Shenanagans shop. I also created a new Shamrock square because I couldn't find one I was really happy with. I will post that later.
Paint... I have started a commissioned painting of a beloved Great Dane Angel named Tyson aka "T-Bone". I am painting it in the style of my Shar Pei Angel. The size of the canvas is challenging for me as I usually paint much smaller pieces. Wasn't T-Bone adorable?! I will definitely share the finished piece.
and Paper... I have been working at home doing quality control audits of mortgage files. The Lord has blessed me to be able to work on these from home, but I am still trying to find balance, sometimes I'm not sure what to juggle first. 3 blogs, 3 shops, files, painting, creating, marketing, cooking, cleaning ... don't feel sorry for me. I LOVE it! I love being busy. Where's my frying pan for all that bacon?!
I have lots of Big Shout Outs & Thank You's to some fantastic Etsy people for featuring my art or creations in their Etsy Treasuries! Stop by & visit them all! Yimmekedesigns, OnTheGrain, ChatteJolie, AnnaLela, BirgittasBridal, KatKando, CarlaGrifo, VerbenaPlace & Chocolate Dog Studio.

StumbleUpon.com

5 comments:

Sharkbytes said...

Nice- I have a LOT of "vintage" yarn. haha

Anonymous said...

You know, I have really been hitting the yarn, too! mUst be a disease going around...but I just love yarn :)

Anonymous said...

do u do artwork on shoes??

Campbell Jane said...

Thank you for asking. I do have some of my art on Keds in my Zazzle shop. I have painted on shoes in the past. I'd love to paint some shoes again!

Sarj said...

i love knitting but i can't seem to figure out how to do the flower thing design :(