Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Sunday, August 15, 2010

What's New?...

"The Light"
11 x 14 Mixed Media

... It was Leonardo da Vinci that said “Art is never finished, only abandoned.” Well I had really abandoned this piece last year and just "finished" it yesterday. So this one is not new to me. Yesterday it just cried out to me to complete it.
I'm a perfectionist in many ways and others not so much. I admit it and know it's not easy being this way. I know I can aggrevate some people to no end! hahaha Procrastination usually sets in too, I can't finish a project, and sometimes don't, just because I don't like how it's going at the time or know that something isn't exactly how I wish it to be, even if it's not noticeable. I know. I have a closet full of abandoned canvases. I could probably fill my whole house with abandoned craft projects that I never finished over the years, because of a tiny problem, some of which were entirely in my head, or because it became too challenging and I didn't think I could do it perfectly, so I gave up & put it down. This is exactly what happened at my previous attempts at jewelry making. I'm even worse when I sew, everything has to be perfect, stitches unwavering, all seams matching perfectly, it has to look like it's off the rack or I won't wear it, sell it, or give it away.

Anyway, there are 2 little defects in the linen canvas on this piece so that has kept me from working on it. I'm glad I picked it up and finished it regardless of the defects, which are not even noticeable from the front of the canvas, because I am happy how it turned out. It has already gotten 5 Stars on OvationTV and a few comments. I have it listed on Ebay. I wished photos did Him justice.
I have enjoyed making beads this week and I made lots of them! I made my first bracelet too! I designed something that I would wear. Something that is "me". A little gypsy, a little bohemian, a little jingley, a little funky yet not too far out. I especially love the faux turquoise beads on the bracelet like the one shown here which I will be listing for sale. I also made the cutest little mushrooms which I will share later because they haven't been baked. I bought big jump rings, which are working out ok with me, like a kid with big fat crayons. hahaha The faux jade was made with a tiny dab of green polymer clay mixed with about 6 times the amount of transparent polymer clay & a sprinkle of ground sage. Yep! Right out of your kitchen. I would advise to add a tiny dab at a time & mix it in a little at a time. It dries darker. I put glue on the eye pins before baking so they don't come out. I may have to open up another Etsy shop!
A Big Shout Out goes to Hannahcreations , CynArt & Mayasideas for including my art in their Etsy Treasuries! Thank you so much! Click on their names to be taken to their wonderful Etsy's Shops.

StumbleUpon.com

1 comment:

GlorV1 said...

Hi Campbell. Congrats on the Ayala win. I love your painting. The colors are mesmerizing. Great job. Enjoy your week. Have to go, I've got to take hubby for a follow up. He goes back to work next Monday. Hopefully I can get back on track. Take care.