Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Monday, August 16, 2010

A Few Firsts

The first time I tried "Sticky Chicken".
It was a treat because we grill more than we fry. I sauteed 1 large (it was huge soft ball size) yellow onion, 1 large bell pepper, 3 stalks of celery, chopped in same size pieces, in a little olive oil. Once it was soft & starting to brown I removed it from the heat, seasoned with a little salt & pepper then set aside. Then I breaded some chicken tenders with a double coating of flour, pepper, garlic powder, pinch of cayenne & a tsp or so of Old Bay Seasoning & oregano, *I used these seasonings when I realized I was out of Cajun spice seasoning, or couldn't find it due to my extremely large stash of spices*. Then I fried the chicken tenders on high until golden brown but not done. I set the oven for 350 and melted 1/2 stick of butter. *I couldn't do it! I couldn't use an entire stick like the recipe called for after frying all the ingredients!* I put 1/2 the butter in a deep casserole dish, then the chicken, the veggies spread evenly on top, then a sprinkling of dried oregano, the juice of one lemon and drizzled the rest of the butter on top. I covered & baked it for 1/2 hour. It makes it's own gravy and the veggies get stuck to the sticky breading. Oh yum! It's usually cooked with thighs and legs so next time I'll try it that way. Then we can get all messy & sticky eating it with our fingers. A little unsweetened Southern cornbread baked in my cast iron skillet will be a must to go with it next time. The guys loved it so there will be a next time!

My first bracelets with my hand blended clay beads are now in my shop! I have a few more to list, one with faux jade and another with black beads that I think look like lava or asphalt. (I make one me and one for the shop, one for me, one for the shop!) I won't get them listed today because I have the photographs ready.
Big Shout Outs & Thank You's go to the CAST Team blog for featuring my photograph and EarthToGirl for featuring my art on her blog & in her Etsy Treasury and to Ayala Art for drawing my name to win your wonderful art! Yippee!

StumbleUpon.com

4 comments:

Leslie said...

Your beads look great! Cute bracelet!

GlorV1 said...

That really sounds delicious Jane. I like that you like to experiment with food. I do things like that too. Unfortunately I have a husband that pretty much prefers regular food and nothing fancy. I guess that's good in a way. Rock on Girl! Those beads are looking really good. A woman of all trades. Have a great Wednesday.

BundlesofBlossoms said...

Super cute bracelets! I love the beads-Gr chicken great job:)

Now, I must try your sticky chicken-yum!

Jaime Haney said...

That's what I'm saying! A woman of all trades! That sticky chicken looks and sounds fabulous, my mouth is watering! Love your new jewelry, looks great! congrats on the Etsy thing and winning Ayala Art's giveaway, I really like her work.