Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Wordless Wednesday??

hum.... has that happened yet? NOT yet!

I'm a member of the Folk Art Society of America and I thought I'd post this awesome recycle/reuse art/folk art that was on the cover of the Folk Art Society's Messenger journal cover. Personally if I came across one of these great old fashioned tubs I'd fix it and put it in the bathroom! I love those. A great childhood memory of mine is swimming in one of those at my Aunt Annette's house, with the bathroom reeking of a wonderful floral scent from an old fashioned soap. I stayed in it until she made me get out. To this day when I see old fashioned soap, the kind that used to be made here but now is made in Mexico, Palmolive & the like, I always pick it up to smell it just to see if it's that smell. I love the smell of the old Palmolive soap. I think Ralph Lauren's Turquoise perfume smells a lot like it. I had to be filthy dirty from playing outside is the only reason I can think of as to why I was even taking a bath there. Kids just don't play outside like they used to do they?
I am getting 5 paintings ready to mail out and then I'm gonna get to work on my gallery piece. I have to find time to pack today too. I'm heading off to San Francisco for a mini break/anniversary trip with hubby for a couple of days! Yippee! I'll take lots of pictures if I can figure out how to set up my camera to take more than 12 pictures before the memory is gone.

StumbleUpon.com

3 comments:

AWJ said...

That art on the cover the coolest thing! But I'm like you-- if I got one, I'd put it in my bathroom, too.

Amarettogirl said...

you might also like the book review i just did on recycled and reused jewelry with Jennifer Perkins!

Kellybot said...

What a charming memory. Now I need to find some RL Turquoise to smell :)