Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Thursday, February 12, 2009

Today I'm Hanging

I was up in the wee hours last night finishing up 2 paintings for a gallery exhibit this weekend. It was kind of a short notice invitation but I got it done. I did remakes of a couple of paintings that I had done in the past. I think they came out better than the 1st time around! I didn't take pictures, sorry. One was an angel like below in red done on a 12 x 24 canvas only I put hearts in her hair. The other was my Love Grows, trees with hearts dripping from it. I have a bookmark with the 1st Love Grows in my Etsy shop if you want to take a peek. I did that one on a 8 x 10 canvas. My husband and I drove them down this morning to Cafe Refugio and got them hung up. The theme of the show is Love. What else on Valentine's day right?! I am looking forward to going to all the gallery shows on Saturday. I can't wait to see what my Swell Sister's have done at the 30/30 show at the Marco Fuoco Gallery. That was the one I decided not to participate in a few weeks ago. 30 paintings, 30 days, 6 x 6 pieces. I bet the gallery is going to look so awesome. It was tempting to stop in and take a peek today! We didn't. I just drove straight home. I kind of feel like I am coming down with a little bug today. Maybe I'm just tired so I'm having flu like feelings. So I'm just hangin around today not getting much done. Hopefully I'll be bright & shiny tomorrow. I have too many things I have to do, need to do and want to do!

A big Thank You goes to Darla at ArtisticAccents on Etsy for featuring one of my angel cats in her heavenly Treasury! You can check out her art & shop here.

This is so sneaky! I think I'll pull this on my son or husband next time they come into my studio! hehe I know I'm bad. hehe

StumbleUpon.com

3 comments:

Jennifer Williams said...

Congrats on the treasury and the last minute gallery spot as well. Even last minute is well worth it.

Thanks for posting the video! I really needed a laugh this evening.

Kristin said...

I hope you are feeling better tomorrow..it sounds like you have been busy, maybe just some rest is in order! :)

Unknown said...

You should definitely rest & drink plenty of fluids.

That would be mean to fake throwing paint on your "men" next time they visit you, LOL.