Art ♦ Painting ♦ Cooking ♦ Crochet ♦ Knitting ♦ Fashion ♦ Crafting ♦ Photography ♦ Humor ♦ Family






Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It Hurts To Say Goodbye

My favorite paint brush is dying, it's on it's last leg. We only have a short time left together. That's got me bummed. I always have 1 or 2 favorites and when they are off to the "bad bin" it's always sad. It's not that I don't like new brushes, I do, but when I have a favorite that I seem to be able to do anything with it's hard to let go! haha Like when your favorite pen runs out of ink, you replace the cartridge, but it never feels the same until that cartridge almost gone. This might be better left for the psychologist's couch, but I feel the same way about jars! Not all jars, just glass jars. I have a really hard time throwing them out. I have a cabinet dedicated to jars. Should I really be sharing this? hahaha Every once in a while I'll find my jar cabinet looking a little sparse but my husband usually has no idea where they've gone! hahaha That's ok as long as I wasn't the one to do the deed. I do use the jars sometimes. I have no problem throwing it away when it's full of used cooking oil, they are great for that! Leftovers often fit in them and don't take up much space in the frig. Really it's just 2 things I have a problem with. Jars and magazines. I love magazines. I love the ads, the pictures and the articles, which is why I am slowly becoming addicted to blogs! I can't throw away a magazine until I have cut out all the pictures I like or think I can use in some way. It's only then that we can part ways. I have spiral notebooks full of magazine pictures of decorating I like, shoe boxes full of pictures of... oh let's see, ...well all kinds of things really. I actually have several shoe boxes full. My son's big size 14 shoe boxes! One is full of gardening pictures (kind of hysterical because I don't garden but keep the pictures if I like the design), one is full pictures of food (came in handy when I made a collage cookbook), words or sayings, odd pictures I could use for crafts, things that inspired me or could inspire me for a painting, etc... I must say in my defense that this fetish/or sickness came in quite handy when I started doing altered books and collage! I feel a bit of a kinship to wine bottles as well but politely put them in the recycle bin. After seeing this photo of Airlie Garden in Wilmington on Flickr, I hope that it won't be a problem depositing them there in the future! If one friend of mine is reading this she's probably squirming right now, thinking... "let me over there, let me over there! I'll throw them away for ya!" hahaha She doesn't save things or feel attachments to many things. Constantly organizing, getting rid of the old to make way for the new. I wish I could be more like that!

I did organize my paints today and I got some painting done on a new beach angel and I think she will be really pretty when she's finished. I also finished up another tree and aura angel. I will be listing those before the holiday weekend. I try to have my listings end on Sunday nights, but I may not do that, as it seems that 7 day listings on Ebay do a little better than 5 day listings. I mailed out sales today and sold 2 large prints on Etsy. My husband & I met a Swell Sister in Folsom this evening and traded collaborative projects. It was nice to spend time with her and get to know her a little. I can't wait to start on the next one! The one she gave me is for someone else & it's just sitting here torturing me!

StumbleUpon.com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

You do beautiful work a true artist I would love to see the angel.

SarahKelley said...

The bit about the paint brush had me smiling:)

Anonymous said...

To get attached and then leave is a hard thing to do. The feelings we have for things and persons we hold dear show how important it is for us to balance our professional disposition against our humanity.

So goes the saying "To err is human, to forgive divine".